- Duration: 2 days training
- Level: Intermediate
Fast track your way to benefitting from functional programming and F# in this intensive and engaging two day F# training course. Gain proficiency in the fundamentals of functional programming techniques and learn how to write applications in F# that take advantage of the features that F# is renowned for, including rapid development, excellent domain modelling and improved correctness.
Who is this course for?
What will I learn?
Attendees will work through a number of code-first scenarios that will give the student a firm understanding in the fundamentals of the language and tooling, as well as the confidence to explore more of the language themselves. Labs will be intermixed with examples and use-cases for solving problems using F#.
This course can be delivered for .NET Framework or .NET Core teams using either Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code.
Day one begins by introducing users to F# and functional programming in general, dealing with the “why” and “where”; the remainder of the day will be spent covering core functional programming constructs with demos and practical lab sessions designed to build on top of each other.
- Introduction to F#
- F# Tooling
- F# Fundamentals
- Types and Functions
Day two completes the set of language features in the morning. For the afternoon sessions, a number of options are available for customers to select, based on your teams specific needs:
Mandatory modules (AM)
- Working with Collections
- Program Flow
Optional modules (PM)
Any TWO of:
- Web Programming with F# and the SAFE Stack. An introduction to the SAFE stack, covering the foundations of writing scalable, cloud-ready F# web applications. Attendees will have the opportunity to enhance an existing SAFE application in a practical set of exercises.
- F# Testing. A look at several automated testing libraries and frameworks for F#, including unit testing, BDD and browser-based testing, as well as an introduction to property-based testing.
- Working with Data. Working with F# for data reporting and analysis is a common and powerful use-case for F#. This module covers the use of type providers and data visualisation, before illustrating the use of more advanced collection features as well as looking at data frame libraries.
- Interoperating with C#. This module looks at working in combined C# and F# solutions, especially where trying to incorporate F# into a brown-field project. It covers architectural discussions as well as practical examples to illustrate best practices.
Drop us a line - we'd love to find out more!